Bendigo theatre project appeal confusion

A VICTORIAN Civil and Administrative Tribunal hearing into the Old Bendigo Gaol theatre project was held today, despite assurances the issue was resolved.

Member for Northern Victoria Damian Drum said the VCAT appeal had been scrapped with Planning Minister Matthew Guy giving the project the green light.

While he today insisted the project was going ahead without delay, he said it was up to the City of Greater Bendigo to work out the best way to do that.

City futures director Stan Liacos said the council was still awaiting formal notification from Mr Guy that the project was going ahead.

VCAT has scheduled a hearing for December 5-7.

Objector Daryl McClure said it appeared nobody had any idea what was going on.

“It’s not over, and we simply don’t know what’s going on,” he said.

“It appears to us that the abuse of the planning process continues.

“The minister has said he will call in the file, that hasn’t happened.”

For more, see tomorrow's Bendigo Advertiser.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop