LOCAL mum Julie Whittle lost her home to a fire in July and says if it wasn’t for the support of the community she would be in a state of limbo.
Ms Whittle and her daughter Natalie were left with only the clothes on their backs after a fire ripped through their Epsom home.
Sixteen-year-old Natalie lives with a genetic enzyme deficiency and their home had been specially equipped with hoists and equipment to help her move around.
Ms Whittle said her daughter had high needs and the community support since the fire had been amazing.
“The fire was devastating and the support has been ongoing,” she said.
“I just want to thank everyone who has donated things.”
Family friend and driving force behind the relief fund raising Jan Kelly was among the first people to help the family.
“Jan Kelly is an inspirational woman who has helped us out a lot,” Ms Whittle said.
She said one of the biggest gestures came from Haven, a non-profit organisation that provides homeless and disadvantaged people with affordable housing.
Haven had provided them with a new home.
“I cannot thank Haven enough for what they have done,” she said.