SEVEN Australian capital cities have held one, as well as a few regional cities - now it's Bendigo's turn to "bust the Budget".
Community organisation representatives, workers, pensioners, university students and trade union members are organising a Bust the Budget rally for View Street on August 12.
Wanting to express their disapproval of the Abbott government's first Budget, about 30 organisers met at Bendigo Trades Hall on Thursday night to plan the rally.
Bendigo children's resource worker Julie Maggs said she would participate because she expected flow-on effects from cuts to youth programs.
"We've seen St Luke's Youth Connections program cut," she said.
"The program saw young people being trained and educated to go into work, but they'll no longer have that opportunity.
"On top of that loss of opportunity, they'll now be forced to apply for up to 40 jobs every month."
Ms Maggs said welfare services were having to turn away people in order to meet rental costs as a result of looming cuts.
Up to 20,000 people gathered in Melbourne on July 7 as part of the nation-wide Bust the Budget protest movement.
Sandhurst Centre unit manager Jenni Fitt said the state and federal governments were pushing people into casual and contract work instead of full-time work.
"There's going to be a huge issue going down the track of contracting out disability support services and creating a casualised workforce," she said.
"The whole message of the Budget is turning people who are unemployed into just users and abusers."
Last month, Member for Bendigo Lisa Chesters gathered 1000 petitions against the federal Budget.
In response to the petitions, patron senator for Bendigo Michael Ronaldson said Labor left a $47 billion deficit and the Budget was "the government's plan to get the Budget back under control".