CFA crews attended the third central Victorian house fire in as many days on Monday morning.
Two crews were called to a chimney fire at Second Street, Hepburn Springs, at 7.20am today.
The fire was extinguished by 7.40am, with crews remaining on scene this morning.
A CFA spokeswoman said it was unknown what had caused the fire.
"It was a small fire which caused some damage between the wall and roof space," she said.
"It is controlled but crews are currently cleaning up."
It follows two other house fires in the Bendigo region on the weekend.
Ben Dougherty, 36, and Belinda Fowler, 23, were forced to flee their rented Carpenter Street home with boys Braxton, 2, and Phraze, 1, when a fire broke out about 4pm.
The fire was reported at 8.15pm, with five units attending the scene.
Police say the tenants moved out three weeks ago and children have been seen going in and out of the house ever since.