Good morning Bendigo!
Shower or two developing with a top of 25 degrees.
For more detailed weather news click here.
Thanks for the photo Anna! Keep them coming with #goodmorningbgo
No reported upcoming delays.
THE HIT LIST
Top-rating pages from yesterday:
THE DAILY QUIZ
1. Which actor Tom’s first movie as a director was “That Thing You Do”?
2. What is the name of currency in Malaysia?
3. Sabrina the Teenage Witch had a pet what called Salem?
4. The Dead Sea is in Israel and which other country beginning with a J?
5. What completes the book title, “Harry Potter and the Goblet of___”?
Answers are at the bottom of this page.
DID YOU KNOW?
Women’s hearts beat faster than men’s.
If today is your big day, happy birthday!
You share a birthday with actress Queen Latifah (43), singer Wilson Pickett (1941-2006) and world leader Neville Chamberlain (1843-1940).
ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY
1931 - Schick Inc. displayed the first electric shaver.
1952 - In Philadelphia, PA, the first plastic lenses were fitted for a cataract patient.
1975 - The Kurds ended their fight against Iraq.
1997 - A Russian AN-24 crashed killing 50 people.
2003 - China's new president, Hu Jintao, announced that his country must deepen reforms and raise living standards of workers and farmers.
JOKE OF THE DAY
I was visiting my son this week and asked him where his newspaper was. He laughed and said, “Dad, it’s the 21st century. We stopped buying newspapers years ago. It saves trees. But you can borrow my iPad.”
Okay, fine, whatever.
But that lousy housefly never knew what hit it.
Got a better joke? Any tips on what we should be heading out to today? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a great day!
1. Hanks; 2. Ringgit; 3. Cat; 4. Jordan; 5. Fire.