Twelve-year-old Courtney Keast lost her battle for life in January after a boating accident.
Just days earlier she told her mum she wanted to be an organ donor.
"Why wouldn’t you?" she said.
Her wish has saved four lives.
On Saturday, March 15, we launched Courtney’s Quest - a campaign to sign up 1532 new donors in 30 days... one for every Australian waiting for a life-saving transplant.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Follow these four steps to join Courtney's Quest and become an organ donor.
1. Think carefully and be comfortable with your decision to become an organ donor.
2. Discuss your decision with partners and immediate family to ensure they are aware of your wishes.
3. Register one of four ways:
- Online at www.humanservices.gov.au/organdonor
- By filling out the form on page 13 of the March 15 edition of the Bendigo Advertiser and then submitting at any Centrelink or Medicare centre;
- By visiting a Centrelink or Medicare centre to fill out a registration form and submit it there; or
- By calling 1800 777 203 to register on the phone or ask for a registration form to be posted to you.
4. Fill out our special Courtney's Quest pledge book so we can show that the campaign has achieved 1532 new organ donors in 30 days.
DAY 1 -