EAGLEHAWK’S bowlers will need to be at their best on Saturday if the Hawks are to defeat Strathdale-Maristians at Bell Oval.
In the Bendigo District Cricket Association’s match of the round between third and fourth on the ladder, the Suns will resume at 1-95 in reply to the Hawks’ 216.
The explosive Adrian Pappin (29 n.o.) and night watchman Matthew Thomas (19 n.o.) will continue the innings for the Suns.
Travis King (41) is the batsman out for Strathdale-Maristians.
• The only interest left in the Strathfieldsaye v Bendigo United clash at Tannery Lane is whether the Redbacks can secure outright points.
Bendigo United has already won the game on first innings after a brutal day one performance.
Having bowled Strathfieldsaye out for 94, the Redbacks crunched 2-102 before declaring.
The Jets will continue their second innings at 2-30.
Gaining the first outright win of the BDCA season would be a massive boost for the Redbacks after they lost their top-four position last round when beaten by Bendigo.
• Huntly-North Epsom is in a prime position to square its ledger at 5-5 and keep its finals hopes alive when it continues its game against Kangaroo Flat at Dower Park.
On the back of opener Brett Elvey batting all day last week for 105 n.o., the Power will defend a score of 6-307.
While bottom side Kangaroo Flat has a tough run-chase ahead of it, the Roos will be extra determined to perform well with the bat on what’s a big weekend for the club with its 2003-04 premiership reunion.
• Bendigo will chase its second upset in a row against White Hills at KWD Oval.
The Goers will pursue the second-placed Demons’ 9-186.
• Sandhurst will need to produce its best batting effort of the season if it’s to inflict Golden Square’s first loss.
Golden Square will defend a score of 289 at J.L. King Weerona Oval.
• Meanwhile, round nine of the Emu Valley Cricket Association continues on Saturday.
Round nine state of play:
Marong 7-342 v Axe Creek 0-0.
Spring Gully 2-10 v West Bendigo 139.
Maiden Gully 122 v Golden Gully 7-103.
Mandurang 0-0 v Emu Creek 8-337.
Sedgwick 181 v United 1-74.