Police confident of search

UPDATE: A woman has been charged over the alleged kidnapping and suspected murder of Wayne Amey. 

Robyn Lindholm, 40, was charged with accessory to murder and faced an out of sessions court hearing Tuesday evening. 

She was remanded in custody. 

Police are speaking to a 54-year-old man over the matter. 

Mr Amey, 54, was last seen leaving a restaurant in Toorak last Tuesday. 

Detectives want to speak to John Anthony Ryan in relation to the disappearance. 

EARLIER: Police are confident they will find the body of suspected murder victim Wayne Amey at Mount Korong.

I think he died somewhere within Melbourne metropolitan area... - Ron Iddles

Police, with the assistance of the SES, spent Tuesday combing Crown land at Mount Korong, near Inglewood.

A dog squad and the police air wing also helped with the search.

Detective Senior Sergeant Ron Iddles told the Bendigo Advertiser on Tuesday afternoon it is believed Mr Amey's body is somewhere between two large rocks or boulders in a crevice.

Police do not believe Mr Amey died at Mount Korong.

"I think he died somewhere within Melbourne metropolitan area and they've brought it up here to dispose of him," Detective Senior Sergeant Iddles said.

Mr Amey is believed to have been killed on December 10. 

Mr Amey, 54, was last seen leaving Romeo’s restaurant on Toorak Road in Toorak around 11.10pm last Tuesday. 

The alarm was raised by Mr Amey’s son the following morning when he went to his father’s apartment in Hawthorn and noticed his car missing and a pool of blood in the car park.

Mr Amey’s vehicle was located on Friday in the Brunswick area. 

Two people, a 40-year-old woman and a 54-year-old man, have been arrested and are in police custody assisting with enquiries. 

Detective Senior Sergeant Iddles provided some background to the situation during a press conference at the base of Mount Korong on Tuesday afternoon.

"Probably go back to late on the 10th of December, a Tuesday night, Wayne Amey, who runs a gym in Hawthorn, went home about 11.20pm," Detective Senior Sergeant Iddles said.

"He went into the car park where he was staying.

"He was there attacked by two men and taken away from there.

"One of the persons responsible took his 4WD which was a red Toyota Hilux."

The same vehicle was involved in a police pursuit on Friday and two people were arrested.

"They are still in police custody, still being interviewed and still assisting us with inquiries," Detective Senior Sergeant Iddles said.

"As a result of the information we're confident that, sadly, Wayne Amey's body is here at Mount Korong."

Detective Senior Sergeant Iddles said they were doing everything possible to find Mr Amey's body.

"We've got members of the local SES here, we've got search and rescue staff from Melbourne, we've got crime scene examiners, we've got some members from homicide and we've got as I said the airwing and the dog squad," he said.

The Bendigo Advertiser left Mount Korong about 3pm. A Police media spokeswoman has confirmed about 5pm a body had not yet been found.

- with The Age

Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide