IT’S business as usual for Poyser Motors, despite Holden’s decision to cease manufacturing in Australia by 2017.
Principal dealer Adam Poyser said staff at his Bendigo dealership would not be affected by Wednesday’s decision.
More than 2000 jobs in Melbourne and Adelaide will be lost.
Mr Poyser said it was good to finally have Holden’s decision out in the open.
He said it was unfortunate that the decision had been made but it was now reality.
“I think it is disappointing that we have stopped making things in Australia as a whole,” Mr Poyser said.
“I think it was a do or die decision.
“Most of Holden’s competition are making cars offshore as well.
“The products from overseas will not be any different to what was made here.”
The iconic car company has been making cars in Australia for the past 65 years.
Poyser Motors has been in business since 1979.
“I have been around Holden cars since I was a kid and now I have been working at Poyser Motors for the past 21 years,” he said.
Mr Poyser said the business was in a stronger position then it was last year.
“The market is stronger than last year,” he said.
“We have continued to grow.”
Mr Poyser believes consumers would still continue to buy Holden cars despite the cars being produced offshore.
“Australia had only been producing two models of Holden cars anyway,” he said.
“If it is a great product people will buy it.”