House fire deemed not suspicious

THE Country Fire Authority is reminding people to make sure they turn off all their electrical appliances before going away.

The warning comes after a fire engulfed a home on Bobs Street about 10.50am on Sunday while the owners were away.

Three CFA units attended the blaze which destroyed the house.

Senior Station Officer Mick Lavery said the fire was caused by an electrical appliance.

“The fire started in the bedroom,” he said.

“People need to make sure all electrical appliances are safe if they are going away.”

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop