Smoke alarm prevents damage in Flora Hill

THE CFA has praised the actions of residents in  Flora Hill who called triple 000 when they heard a neighbour’s smoke alarm go off.

Two Bendigo CFA units attended a house in Davey Close at about 9.40am after its occupant, who was not at home, left a saucepan unattended on the stove.

CFA Bendigo station officer John Lane said no damage was caused but it was good that the house had working smoke alarms and that neighbours alerted the fire brigade.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop