BENDIGO Health is in the spotlight after the release of its annual report in the Victorian Parliament on Thursday morning.
The report shows just 44 per cent of Category 2 elective surgery patients were treated within 90 days, falling short of the 75 per cent target.
The report also shows: 82 per cent of Category 3 elective surgery patients were treated within 365 days, below the 93 per cent target, and confirms the operating capacity of the Intensive Care Unit has been reduced.
Member for Bendigo East Jacinta Allan said the annual report showed a "true picture" of what was happening at the hospital.
"The hard-working staff of Bendigo Health provide a very important service to our local community but it must be recognised that their job is being made that much harder as they struggle under the weight of the $826 million health cuts inflicted on them by the Napthine Government," she said.
"And we're seeing the impact of these cuts in the particular parts of the hospital's operation ... The annual report acknowledges that the Bendigo community is a growing community and that there are more and more people coming to rely on the services at Bendigo hospital.
"That that is putting a lot of pressure on the hospital at a time when they're struggling with the budget cuts ... this just puts more and more pressure on the system.
"This is why ambulances are ramping out the front of ED, because ED is full, the hospital is full, all of this just puts more and more pressure on the hospital and on the staff.
"And it means that we are now seeing in some areas that the targets for local patients are not being met."
Ms Allan said the report also highlighted the impact of ICU cuts.
“Last month, Maree Edwards and I revealed an email that detailed how a ‘budget reduction’ had resulted in a reduction of staff being rostered on the ICU, affecting patients needing the highest level of care," she said.
Bendigo Health was contacted for comment.