COMMUNITY groups that use the Golden Square Uniting Church hall will not have to relocate.
Golden Square Uniting Church Council chairman David Wright is reassuring the community the hall is not for sale.
Mr Wright said it will be run by the Kangaroo Flat church, Chum Street church and Lockwood church.
"The rest of the churches in the cluster will look after it," he said.
"The hall is extensively used by community groups and the op shop, so there is no point in selling it.
"Community groups will still be able to use it."
The reassurance comes after the Bendigo Advertiser reported the Golden Square Uniting Church would be sold to clear a debt.
A poll published on the Bendigo Advertiser's website asked whether the community should rally to keep the church in public hands.
It attracted 241 votes.
About 61.7 per cent of votes were in favour of saving the church, while the rest of the voters, 38.3 per cent, voted against it.