A MAN who repeatedly stalked a Bendigo woman has been warned he is one text message away from going to prison.
The 34-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested this week for 175 alleged breaches of an intervention order against his former partner.
The Bendigo Magistrates Court heard the man had been in a two-month relationship with the woman that ended in August.
After they broke up the man sent her a series of threatening and aggressive messages via mobile phone and Facebook, making her fearful for the safety of her and her two young children.
On October 4 the court granted an intervention order preventing the man from making contact with her in any way.
Within three days of the order he sent her 98 text messages and made dozens of phone calls from blocked numbers to her mobile and work phone.
The court heard he warned the woman "if you don't drop this order I will humiliate you in court".
In another breach the man drove to a public car park where the woman was parked and kissed her driver side window.
The man was taken into police custody on October 9 and made full admissions to breaching the intervention order.
He said he believed he was still in a relationship with the woman and "just wanted to see her".
Police opposed his bail application in court on Thursday and warned he was a high risk of re-offending.
Magistrate Jennifer Tregent said there were unanswered questions about the correspondence between the man and the complainant. But she said the responsibility was with the man to obey the court order, which he repeatedly breached .
"You are extremely lucky to have not gone to jail," she told him. "If you re-offend that is where you will be heading."
The man was released under strict bail conditions and had his mobile phone and laptop seized.
He will return to court for a further mention on November 21.