Yaaaawnnnn....... sorry guys, Good Morning Bendigo is a little late this morning.
Yes, that Daylight Saving does mess with your head.
Hope you're having a chipper Sunday morning - what a cracking day outside with the sun shining.
What are you up to today then?
The weather bureau reports there's a partly cloudy day ahead with a top of 18.
Geez, it was warm yesterday. Bet those cricketers and bowlers felt the heat with day one of their respective seasons getting underway.
There's a bit of Regional Rail Link working going on, so perhaps best you check the V/Line timetable for all the changes if you're taking the train somewhere today.
So there was loyalty in Buddy deal after all
News this morning that it was Jesinta Campbell who helped get the Buddy Franklin $9 million deal over the line for the Sydney Swans. Interesting.
Glass Slipper Ball - Bendigo's glittering night of nights.
We've got plenty of pictures from the Mayoral Glass Slipper Ball with couples taking part lighting up the All Seasons Hotel dancefloor on Saturday night before a crowd of 350 people. It was dubbed 'Bendigo's glittering night of nights'.
More than a fleeting show, that one
The Sydney Fleet Review and not just Prince Harry lit up the famous Sydney Harbour last night. If you didn't see it, grab a look online - truly amazing.
WHAT WE'RE CHASING TODAY
It's the Run To Maine this morning in Castlemaine. Plenty of pictures coming your way from this great charity event.
Bendigo councillor Peter Cox is opening his historic home and garden to the general public today to raise funds for the redevelopment of Canterbury Park.
Then there's those daredevils riding motorbikes over granite rocks out at Sedgwick today for the Australian Moto Trials Championships. Sport journo Travis King will be heading out to see what that's all about.
What was popular on the Bendigo Advertiser website on Saturday...
1. Police confirm driver killed in crash from Maldon
2. The Rotary Club of Bendigo Next Generation trivia night
3. Dancers sparkle at mayoral ball
4. GALLERY: The BDCA's top run-scorers since 2000
5. People and places: The Shamrock Hotel
Vote on the REAL issue of the day
We asked the question in our last poll: Do you think the grass really is greener on the other side of the fence?
Seems Good Morning Bendigo voters are a little negative on that one.
90.9 per cent of voters said 'no', the grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence, with 9.1 per cent saying 'yes'.
Congratulations if you're having a birthday today - many happy returns!
Bendigo Advertiser journalist Kristen Alebakis is sending out a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her sister Ellie - good one.
If you want to send a birthday cheerio via Good Morning Bendigo, email the details to email@example.com and we will take care of the rest.
So, who else are you sharing the day with?
Actor Elisabeth Shue is 49 today, Britt Ekland is 70, English socialite Lady Victoria Hervey is having a birthday but is keeping mum on her age.
Oh, if you want to know what the day has in store for you, check out the Bendigo Advertiser's resident astrologer Alison Maroney's predictions here
Talking of Daylight Saving, on this day in 1783, Benjamin Hanks patented the self-winding clock.
1886 marked the start of the Sherlock Holmes adventure.
1889 saw Moulin Rogue open in Paris.
1923 saw the first recorded triple play in American baseball.
1976 Cubana Flight 455 crashes into the Atlantic Ocean after a terrorist attack killing all on board.
1978 Mick Jagger apologises for racist lyrics in Some Girls.
1993 Australian Stock Market index rises above 2000 for the first time.
2007 Jason Lewis successfully finishes the first human-powered circumnavigation of the world.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Let's start the morning with a giggle...
Did you hear about the cell phones that got married?
The wedding was terrible, but the reception was terrific.
If you've got a good joke, email Good Morning Bendigo at firstname.lastname@example.org
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!