EAGLEHAWK caused an upset in the Bendigo Football League today, defeating Strathfieldsaye by 13 points at Canterbury Park.
A four goal to one third quarter helped set up the Hawks' 13.16 (94) to 12.9 (81) victory - Eaglehawk's best of the season.
Matt Gretgrix kicked five goals for the Hawks, whose best included brothers Brad and Jake Stringer.
Strathfieldsaye missed the chance to move back into the top three with the loss. Matthew Ladson was again the Storm's best.
* At Beck Legal Oval, Kangaroo Flat belted Castlemaine by 125 points, 26.13 (169) to 6.8 (44).
The Roos led by six points at the first break, before booting 22 goals to three after quarter-time.
Coach Tyrone Downie and captain Tyson Mihocek kicked five goals each for Kangaroo Flat, whose best was Jack Bowyer.
Jason Cordy kicked four of Castlemaine's six goals.
HEATHCOTE DISTRICT FOOTBALL LEAGUE
Heathcote inflicted Colbinabbin's second loss of the season with a 49-point win, 17.6 (108) to 9.5 (59).
The Saints led at every break, with Anthony Mellington bagging six goals.
* Lockington-Bamawm United won a low-scoring clash with Huntly by 20 points, 8.17 (65) to 6.9 (45).
The Cats had trailed by five points at half-time, but took control in the third quarter.
Chris Hudson kicked five of the Cats' eight goals to be the dominant player on the ground.
With the loss, Huntly surrendered third place to Heathcote.
* North Bendigo dashed Mount Pleasant's slim finals hopes with a 16.15 (111) to 14.10 (94) win in a hard-fought game.
The standout player on the ground was North Bendigo forward Michael Spooner, who kicked nine goals.
* Elmore ended its four-game losing streak with a 28-point win over Leitchville-Gunbower.
The Bloods trailed at every change, but kicked 5.2 to no score in the last term to win 14.8 (92) to 9.10 (64).
LODDON VALLEY FOOTBALL LEAGUE
Reigning premier Bridgewater defeated Calivil United by 65 points in the match of the round.
The Mean Machine led by 20 points at three quarter-time, but slammed on seven goals to one in the final term to win 17.15 (117) to 8.4 (52).
Taylor Strachan kicked five goals for Bridgewater.
* Pyramid Hill moved back into the top three with a 18.15 (123) to 7.13 (55) win over YCW.
The Bulldogs were on top from the outset when they led by 28 points at quarter-time.
* Newbridge dished out a 165-point hiding to Inglewood, winning 35.16 (226) to 9.7 (61).
The Maroons were at their best in the second quarter when they banged home 13 goals.
Reece Carmichael and Jeff McMurtrie finished with eight each.
* The one-sided games continued at Serpentine, where the Bears defeated Mitiamo by 99 points, 20.15 (135) to 4.12 (36) in what was the Superoos' 1000th LVFL game.
Thomas Cartledge kicked six goals for the Bears, who remain in second position.
NORTH CENTRAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE
A nine-goal haul from Ben DeAraugo led top side Wedderburn to a 105-point win over Boort.
In the absence of Sam Barnes, Brady Herdman and Danny Benaim, reigning Feeney medallist DeAraugo played his best game of the season as the Redbacks won 23.13 (151) to 6.10 (46).
* Wycheproof-Narraport defeated Birchip-Watchem by 21 points, 15.5 (95) to 11.8 (74).
Corey Jones kicked four goals for the Demons, who moved a game clear in second position.
* St Arnaud coach James McNamee was at his brilliant best, kicking 11 goals in his side's 17.22 (124) to 14.8 (92) win over Donald.