Central Victoria escaped the weekend without a serious fire incident, despite the searing heat.
CFA operations officer district two Alun Hughson said he was relieved the region had got through the weekend without a serious fire after a total fire ban was declared on Friday.
The region has been placed under the worst bushfire conditions since Black Saturday, with multiple days of high 30s and low 40s temperatures.
But Mr Hughson said light winds had worked in the CFA’s favour.
“We’ve had some small grass fires but nothing large,” he said.
“What has been favourable is we haven’t had strong winds.”
He said the fact no fires had been accidentally lit showed the public had taken heed of fire restrictions and warnings.
“People are obviously heeding the warnings,” he said.
“It is pleasing there were no unintentional fires because it means people are taking notice.”
He said the positive to come out of CFA’s much-publicised website problems on Friday, which crashed after too much demand for its warnings and incidents map, showed that people knew where to get bushfire information from.
“The positive is that it’s good that people were very conscious of where to get information from.
“That’s a sign that people are paying a lot more attention and want to find out the information.”
He said while today would be another scorcher, with a forecast top of 41, the continued light winds would hopefully not fan any fires.
“Tomorrow will be a hot day but the winds will be light so that’s working in our favour,” he said yesterday.